Alleluia

Psalm 80:1-7
Isaiah 66:7-11
Luke 13:31-35

This will probably be my last post before Christmas. Tomorrow's readings are for the fourth Sunday of Advent, then Christmas Eve and Christmas day have a set of three different readings. I will post lists of those tomorrow. I'm glad I have done this during Advent. It is good to sit down and wrestle with Scripture first thing in the morning during a season that can feel incredibly busy. I will have to decide what I will do here, if anything, after Christmas. (Comments are appreciated if you would like to see this keep going. I am truly on the fence.)

As I look at these final readings of Advent, there seems to be one overwhelming message. God loves the people He created. He longs to love them, care for them, nurture them, gather them to Himself. God loves you. God loves me. He wants to care for us as a shepherd cares for his flock. He wants to love us as a mother loves the little baby nursing at her breast. He wants to protect us as a hen protects the chicks who huddle underneath her. (And if you've even been attacked by a chicken (I have), you know this is a fierce protection.) God is there, waiting, looking down the road, waiting, for a child to walk towards Him. And then, when that child is just a dot in the distance, He will run with open arms to that child and celebrate.

Turn to God and admit you just can't do this life-thing on your own. Turn to God and He will be there, waiting, waiting, waiting, to shower His infinite and eternal love on you. He held back nothing for this to be possible. It's why Jesus was born. It's why Jesus died.

For you.

For love.

For you.

Turn.

Turn and reach towards God as a baby reaches for his mother.

God will be there.

He is waiting.

He is born. He is risen.

Alleluia!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something new

True change

Opposite of fear